How long in advance do we need to book if we want to look at some houses?
We need to give the current students at least 24 hours’ notice of any viewings on Rebell Property properties.
To arrange a viewing just pop into the office, call us on 01695 570059 or email us at info@rebellproperty.co.uk to register your interest.

Do we meet you at the property or do we need to come to the office?
We can arrange to meet at either, whatever is more convenient for you.

Do you do viewings on Saturday?
Yes we are open for viewings on Saturdays, and Sunday by appointment.

Are all properties furnished?
Yes, all of our properties come fully furnished including kitchen appliances. We will be able to tell you exactly what you get at time of viewing.

In two or more bedroom properties, can more than one person live in the same room?
No, the price is per person. We do not offer joint tenancies or contract more than one person to a room.

Do you have any student ‘halls’ type of accommodation?
No, but we can accommodate large groups as we have houses which are located next to each other on the same road.

Will you provide certificates so we know that the property is serviced?
Yes, all of our properties are up to current standards with legislation. Upon moving in you will be provided with certificates which evidently shows that the Gas appliances are checked, electrics are safe at the property and the property has an Energy Performance Certificate.

Is there anywhere to park? Can I bring my car?
Lancashire Parking issue two permits per property.
The first permit is a resident permit, this is linked to one vehicle. The second permit is a visitor permit, this is not linked to any vehicle and can be shared amongst the house.
Both permits issued are £25.00 each and last for 12 months from time of being issued.
We will provide you with information needed and help you when making an application. The link to the parking application is www.lancashire.gov.uk.

Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately not. In certain circumstances, we can accommodate pets but this is to be agreed by all housemates and Rebell.

Do you provide kitchen utensils or do we need to bring our own?
Our properties are fully furnished, but we do not provide items such as kitchen utensils and bedding, therefore you will need to bring these with you when you move in.

Can I bring my own furniture?
To ensure that both health and safety regulations are maintained at all times, we recommend that tenants do not bring their own furniture or electrical goods into the property. If you do have items you wish to bring please advise us first and note that all furniture or furnishings brought into the property must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings Safety Regulations and electrical goods should have been PAT tested (Portable Appliance testing). You are responsible for removal of any personal items at the end of the tenancy.

How long are the tenancy agreements for?
Normally our agreements are fixed for 44 weeks but we can accommodate you to suit your course (ie) Nursing Students on a 12 month agreement.

Do I need to pay a deposit?
No, good news is we don’t take deposits on our properties

Do you do credit checks?
No, although we do require tenants to have a Guarantor. This needs to be someone that will be liable for the payment of your rent if you are unable to make payment for whatever reason.

What if I am unable to provide a guarantor?
If you do not have anyone who can act as a Guarantor, we are not able to contract with you. Please contact us though to discuss your options.

I am an International student & my parents live abroad so I am unable to provide a guarantor. What can I do ?
We can accept Guarantors outside of the UK. Please contact us to discuss as the checks are carried out slightly differently.

What agreements do I need to sign?
You will first sign an application form which is your interest to the property you have chosen. This application form guarantees you the room. Thereafter, you would sign a Fixed Term Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Once signed, the Contract is legally binding on all parties and you are liable for rental payments for the full period of the Contract. Please speak to a member of the team if you require any further information regarding the Agreement.

What if I do not understand the Contract?
If there are any aspects of the Contract you do not understand, we will be more than happy to go through the terms with you. Remember, ALL of our Contracts have been checked and approved by the Accommodation Team at Edge Hill University who will also be happy to discuss the terms with you.
How do I ensure I get the keys at the start of the Tenancy?
We issue each tenant with a key to the property and an individual bedroom key.


What happens on the day I move in?
If you let the office know in advance of a date and time your attending, someone from Rebell will meet you at a time convenient to yourself and any accompanying family members. We understand that not everyone can attend during normal office hours, therefore we are available to meet you at the house or office at a time that suits you.
So there aren’t any delays, bring identification with you or let the office know if someone else is collecting your keys on your behalf.

Once you are in the property, you will be shown the basics on how to operate the heating, lighting and the appliances provided as well as the Broadband. We will be able to answer any questions you have before we leave you to settle into your new home.

How do I notify you of any problems with the property or work I want doing upon moving in?
Our maintenance team have carried out extensive refurbishment works during the summer period so you should have no issues but please notify us immediately if you are unhappy with anything.
Once you have settled into your new home and unpacked your belongings, contact the office with a list of things you want doing (ie) additional shelving, TV Bracket on wall, suitcases put into loft.

How often do we have to pay rent?
Rent is payable either monthly or termly, depending on how you wish to pay.

How do I pay the rent?
We can accept most methods of payment; cash, cheque, standing order, bank transfer and by card (either in person or over the telephone).

Can I pay my rent when I receive my student loan?
In line with your student finance payments we ask for payment of your rent on the following dates if you pay termly; 20th October, 20th January and 20th April.
If you wish to make payment monthly, the rent will be due on the 20th of each month; September to May.
If for any reason, the payment dates from Student Finance change, please let us know as soon as possible, we will amend the dates in accordance to the given schedules.

Can I decorate?
We ask that you don’t decorate the property, if you wish to re-decorate you must get written permission from us beforehand.

What happens if something breaks down?
We have a 24/7 maintenance team and cover all trades.

You will be provided with contact details for you to report both general repairs and emergencies. When contacting us, please provide us with information of the repair or emergency, house (and room number if applicable) we will then confirm when someone will be out to you.

Who is responsible for changing light bulbs in my property?
We are responsible for changing all light bulbs to the property.

Who is responsible for tending to my garden or yard?
Again, we are responsible for the gardens/yard areas and will inform you of when someone will be attending. All we ask is that you maintain the garden in terms of cleanliness and not obstructing any areas allowing our maintenance team to carry out work to all areas.

Can I put a lock on my bedroom door?
All contacted bedrooms have locks on the doors already.

Can I leave the contract earlier?
On an Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement, you’re legally bound until the end of your tenancy period. We can however consider ending your tenancy if you have a replacement. This individual will need to meet all of our criteria and be able to provide full guarantor details prior to the process being complete. There is an admin fee of £150 chargeable to the outgoing tenant. If you need any further information on this process please contact us.

What happens if I fall into arrears?
If you are experiencing difficulties paying your rent don’t ignore the problem and hope it will go away. The sooner you let us know of any extenuating circumstances the quicker we can try and work with you. Please refer to your tenancy agreement for details on charges that could be applied. Please contact us to discuss.

Where do I get a Council Tax Exemption Certificate?
You can access your council tax exemption certificate from your Go Portal. If you have any problems, contact enrolment@edgehill.ac.uk.

What should I do with the keys at the end of the tenancy?
When your Tenancy is near to ending, we will contact you to make arrangements to carry out a check out where we will exchange keys and check the property.

Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.